Piti Theatre’s Anti-Racism Commitments
In the wake of the murder of George Floyd, Tony McDade, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and so many others by the state and by white civilians, Piti Theatre commits and re-commits to:
- Making an annual donation to a Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) led non-profit or political campaign by a person of color committed to dismantling systemic racism in the U.S.
- Reviewing our mission and progress in terms of anti-racism work internally and externally at least on an annual basis as well as how effectively we are able to address the disproportionate effects of environmental injustice on communities of color
- Prioritizing the hiring of BIPOC when we have the possibility of working with a new vendor, collaborating with a new artist, finding a new Board member, etc.
- Continuing to seek new trainings for staff, artists and Board members to increase their capacity to make progress on issues relating to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility
- Sharing anti-racism resources, for example this 2014 pdf "26 Ways to Be in the Struggle Beyond the Streets"